Thursday, February 10, 2011

Death By Scrabble
            It is blazing hot outside and my husband is just sitting there with a look of disgust on his face. We are playing scrabble, one of my favorite games. Well I mean one of my favorite things to do lately, since my marriage has become so boring. He plays the word “begin”. I then play the word “jinxed”. He gets that look of disgust again, but this time I think it is because he is losing. He has always been a bad loser.
            He starts chewing on one of his letters. This nervous twitch of his has always bugged me, but I always try and choose my battles wisely. He then plays the word “Mihzpa”.  I play the word “sweatier” and collect my bonus points. He plays “humid”. I do not know what to play next. I am a little upset that I do not have any letters to make a good word. Finally, I play the word “fan”. I walk over to turn the air-conditioning on. Meanwhile my husband plays the word “zap”. I immediately get zapped by the air conditioner. It really hurt. My husband has a content look on his face, which makes me mad. To be honest, I think that he is happy that I got shocked.
            I play the word “ready” and then go get some tea to drink. Maybe the tea will help calm me down a little. He plays the word “cheating”. I think that he cheated while I was gone getting my cup of tea. For the first time in the game he is winning. I play the word “ignore” and then he plays the word “explodes”. At that very moment the air conditioning unit explodes. He seems to be surprised by this, but in all reality that air conditioning unit was reaching the end of its life. I play the word “sign”.
            He starts chewing on a letter again. Oh how annoyed that makes me. He plays the word “fly” as a fly starts to buzz around us. I play the word “caution”. I am trying to warn him not to do something that he will regret. He plays the word “quake” and sits back like he is waiting for something to happen. I play the word “death”. Suddenly one of the scrabble letters gets stuck in my husband’s throat and he starts to chock. I sit there watching the whole thing, but I never try to help him. The whole game I could see his intentions building up and I tried to warn him, but he was to consumed with his own self to realize what was really going on. Man did I hate my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment